The Change of my Life | Teen Ink

The Change of my Life

By JustinG1225 BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida
JustinG1225 BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida

My definition of a hero is somebody that you admire and are inspired by. A hero doesn't have to be someone wh flies in the sky and saves people from burning buildings. My fifth grade teacher, Mr. Gibson, is the exact definition of a hero. He was inspirational, ambitious, and compassionate about teaching his students at Heron Heights Elementary in Parkland, Florida. He made learning a great deal of fun and wanted to teach his students everything that he knew. Mr. Gibson was a very entertaining teacher who made me want to come to school each day.

On the first day of my fifth grade year at Heron heights Elementary, I walked into Mr. Gibson’s classroom and I could already tell he was going to be a very inspirational teacher in my life. Throughout the year, Mr. Gibson made me want to learn more about science, history, and even math. He made learning enjoyable each day and made jokes as he taught. At the time, everyone in fifth grade loved Spongebob, so Mr. Gibson incorporated him into his teachings. He played games on the back wall of the classroom, so my class and I would be competitive about learning to win prizes at the end of the day. I learned a tremendous amount in his class in which I still remember today. This the the true definition of a inspirational hero in my life.

Another reason Mr. Gibson is my hero is because was very inspirational, compassionate, and ambitious about teaching his students. Although he was following the school curriculum, he drifted off and instead of reading from a textbook, he did fulfilling activities. He made my fifth grade year the best it could have been and I will never forget how good of a teacher he was. Mr. Gibson is the definition of a her because hemade me feel as if I didn't want to have any other teacher besides him. This is proves that Mr. Gibson is the exact definition of a magnificent hero in my lifetime.

In conclusion, Mr. Gibson showed intelligence, ambitious actions, inspirational ideas, and was very compassionate about his teaching at Heron heights Elementary. He exemplified heroes actions in which changed my school and home life. Mr. Gibson is my definition of a hero and I will never forget how my fifth grade year changed because of him.

on May. 22 2018 at 8:52 am
Wow. Inspirational!