What War Means | Teen Ink

What War Means

October 3, 2017
By Awardwinner GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Awardwinner GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments

War means dedication. In “Seal Team Six,” Navy Seals planned a secret mission to eliminate one of the world’s most wanted and deadliest terrorist: Osama Bin Laden. These six brave men used their elite training and skills to ensure the safety of those around the world and eventually dismantle Al Qaeda.

War means teamwork. In “Lone Survivor,” four brave Navy Seals fought against hundreds of Taliban fighters without support. In a mission for surveillance and to kill a Taliban leader, they survived using teamwork against an enemy who had them outmanned and outgunned.

War means hard work. In “13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi,” soldiers near the US Embassy fought back against rebels for the longest night of their lives. Without any warning and limited supplies and equipment, six former soldiers part of the Annex Security Team engage Islamic militants in a 13 hour firefight to save the lives of the remaining Americans.

War means sacrifice. In “American Sniper,”  Chris Kyle becomes one of the deadliest snipers in US history to protect his fellow friends in the camo uniforms. He never leaves the war behind him, as he struggles being a husband and a father in between serving four tours to Iraq for his fellow comrades.

War means patriotism. Nothing says patriotism more than fighting for the red, white, and blue flag and the country you proudly stand in. Without brave men and women who are dedicated, use teamwork, have hard work, and sacrifice their lives, we may not have freedom.