veteran | Teen Ink

veteran

March 6, 2017
By dragon413 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
dragon413 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Wisconsin Veteran,

My name is Jacob I am 17 almost 18. The reason why I am writing to you is to say thank you for all things you did for me my friends and family and the USA, Because of you, everyone in America can live in peace and make their own decisions.

I would like to tell you how I define the freedom you fought to defend. Freedom is where everyone can make their own choices. I am thankful for every veteran and soldier because of their sacrifices. Because of veterans, I am able to live the way I do today.

I have always wanted to go to a war memorial. I think it represents the soldiers who sacrificed everything to protect their country. My great grandfather fought in a war and I am thankful for what he did for his family and his country, i am sorry to say I don't know witch war he fought in. The reason why I am so grateful for your service is because you gave up a lot to fight for our freedom.

The legacy veterans left is huge. Because of you, so many people can live in peace and freedom. The reason why I would call you a hero is because of your selflessness.

I am thankful to you because are the reason why I can walk outside and not be afraid. You are the reason why I am able to do what I want.

I know a lot of veterans were drafted and you might be one of them, but that doesn't matter. The fact you didn’t try and run away from it or try to go to jail so you didn’t have to go and fight in the war is something that took heart. Thank you sincerely for what you have done and for reading my letter.

Sincerely,

Jacob


The author's comments:

Thanking veterans