Veterans | Teen Ink

Veterans

By marie.017 SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
marie.017 SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Dear Wisconsin Veteran,

I want to thank you for your service and your time fighting for our freedom. My name is Nina and I am a senior at Arrowhead High School. I just watched the Honor Flight movie and I was fascinated to see of the men and women who fought for our country's freedom. Freedom to me is not just something that is handed to us at birth, but it is something that we earned.

I am proud to live in America knowing I am safe because of you. I am thankful I have the freedom to do whatever I choose. Without freedom, The United States of America would not be the same. Because of you and all the other veterans, I am able to go out and do things that kids from other countries cannot. Your hard work and dedication fighting for our country's freedom makes us all able to do what we are today and I am thankful for that. I am thankful I feel safe in this country I have been given a peace knowing that my freedom can never be taken from me. I can stand up for what I truly believe in because I have been given the gift a freedom and that is the best gift.

You are a hero to me. You sacrificed your life at such a young age to fight for America’s freedom. I am 17-years-old and I couldn't imagine leaving my family to go to war right now. My uncle was in the Military and it’s a great feeling to know someone in your family was fighting for our country. I just wanted you to know that I am grateful for the battles you have fought.

Thank you for the sacrifices you made. You made me feel safe when times were tough and because of you I am proud to live everyday for the rest of my life in freedom. Without your hard work and dedication our country wouldn't be the way it is today. Watching the Honors Flight video made me realize how thankful I am for you and all the other veterans. Thank You for making me feel safe.

Sincerely.

Nina