Mail Call | Teen Ink

Mail Call

March 6, 2017
By 8whelan GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
8whelan GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
14 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Wisconsin Veteran,

Everyday, new opportunities and experiences are given to Americans and it is our job to show  gratitude and appreciation to those responsible for the freedom we have each day. There are numerous ways that we are reminded of the freedom that we are so lucky to have daily, that other countries don’t get. I have recently watched the Honor Flight video and I was inspired by all of the courage and bravery from people like you, who risked their lives to fight for our country. After thinking about how appreciative I am for all the work our soldiers do for my freedom, I would like to take the time to Thank You.

I wanted to take the time to write to you because I don’t think that you are reminded enough of the great things that you have done. I wanted you to know that all of your sacrifices do not go unrecognized.

It is because of you that Americans are able to live our lives without constant worry. Thank you for having the courage that many Americans don’t. Thank you for your sacrifice and for fighting for our freedom. Your selflessness and strength is why I call you a hero.

I couldn’t imagine what it would be like a couple years from now to be going to fight for our country rather than heading to college. You are an inspiration to me in so many ways and one day I hope to be able to inspire and influence people in the same way that you do.  Thank you for your dedication and loyalty to this country.

I hope that you have had a life-changing experience today and that you truly got to see for yourself how much of a hero and contribution you are to making this country.

The hard work and effort that you put in each and every day will never be taken for granted. You are the reason that I am able to go to school everyday, have a roof over my head and able to live a healthy and happy life.

Thank you for giving me opportunities and experiences that I would have never been able to have without you. I couldn’t be more grateful and you truly are a hero and someone that I will always look up to. Thank you so much!