Dear Veteran | Teen Ink

Dear Veteran

By 8schabs22 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
8schabs22 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Dear Wisconsin Veteran,

I would first like to thank you for fighting for my freedom. My name is Paige. I am a junior at Arrowhead High School and next year I will be graduating. I just watched the Honor Flight video for my creative writing class and felt motivated by everyone who fought for our country and made freedom possible.

What made me inspired to write this letter is the people like you who were brave enough to go fight in a war. Many of these men and women went to fight at the age eighteen. I could not imagine that in a year I would ever have the courage that you showed to go out and fight for what I believe in. It took incredible strength and heroism to do this and I am thankful for men and women like you who did.

A couple years ago, for my eighth grade field trip, I had the opportunity to be able to go to the war memorials in Washington D.C.. What I felt at these memorials was a sense of pride in my country and freedom. What freedom means to me is that I get to have these opportunities and experiences that I would not be able to have if I was living in a different country. These freedoms I get to experience are because someone like you was heroic and brave enough to go out and fight for citizens like me.

All in all, I would like to thank you one last time for your bravery. It’s people like you who make what is possible today for me. You and everyone else who fought for our country are the real heros of our country because of your fearlessness you showed to go out and fight for everyone's freedoms. Thank you and I hope you had a great experience today.

Sincerely,
Paige Schaber

This is a letter to a veteran as they get off the Honor Flight. They have a mail call and my letter will be given to one of them.