Rosa Parks | Teen Ink

Rosa Parks

By alipp0204 GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
alipp0204 GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin

Racism started to affect her as she entered her first years of school. The black kids were forced to walk to school, while the white kids were driven to school by the bus service. She was unsatisfied with the way she was treated and she envisioned freedom. “I think the American Dream should be to have a good life and to live well and to be a good citizen; I think that should apply to all of us,” she said. Instead of sitting back and waiting for something to change, she made a difference.

On December 1st, she boarded a city bus after a long day of work. There was a white section at the front and a black section at the back designated by sign. She decided to sit in the white section. With refusal to give up her seat, she got arrested for violating the ordinance.

Rosa Parks stands out in American history as a person who stood up for herself and against racism. I would like to meet Rosa Parks because she has inspired me to be a passionate and strong-hearted woman. I will say thank you for her selfless acts that bettered our country.