Mail Call | Teen Ink

Mail Call

By yramG GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
yramG GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Dear Veteran,

I’m writing to you to say thank you for your bravery, time, and sacrifices. We live in the greatest country because we had and have the greatest people in the world fighting for it. I cannot emphasize how brave you must be to put yourself in harm’s way and dedicate your life to protecting people you’ve never met.

To me, you are a hero. You knew that freedom wasn’t free and were willing to pay the price. You spent time away from your family, endured the endless dangers of the battleground, and for that, I thank you. It’s because of the selfless acts like yours that our freedom is still burning. Without you, our country wouldn’t be what it is today. You fought for this country and never asked for anything in return, to me that’s what makes a true hero.

The courage and strength that you have are qualities that deserve our highest gratitude. I give my eternal gratitude to you and the veterans of this nation. You truly are an inspiration to America.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for believing in the stars and stripes. Thank you for passing on your wisdom and passion. Thank you for your bravery, sacrifices, and courage. And most of all, thank you for your service.

Much thanks,
     Mary