Mail Call | Teen Ink

Mail Call

By herbstjosh219 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
herbstjosh219 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Dear Veteran,

First off, I just want to thank you for everything you have done. Your sacrifices have helped make this country what it is today. Life wouldn’t be the same without you and your fellow servicemen and women.

My name is Josh. I am a senior in high school in Wisconsin. I am writing to you because I have never really properly thanked a Veteran for his/her service before.

Thank you for all your sacrifices, and for your bravery, blood, and brotherhood. I really can’t emphasize how much I mean that. You helped make America the only country in the world to have this much freedom. We can choose whatever we want to do and our school, careers, beliefs, marriage—the list goes on and on.
We, the people of the United States, are forever in your debt. We can never repay you for all that you’ve lost. I have seven family members that served in the Armed Forces. I was lucky enough to get them all back home safely. I know that doesn’t happen all the time.

Some people aren’t born with the drive to want to fight in the military. Thank you for stepping up to fight and for risking your life for your country and for other people you don’t know. Even if nobody says it out loud, they are definitely thinking about it and how grateful they are for all the people like you.

I hope I made myself clear that I truly thank you for your service. I am forever grateful for your sacrifices —  your bravery, blood, and brotherhood.