Global Warming | Teen Ink

Global Warming

Thousands of miles away in the Earth's atmosphere hundreds of different types of chemicals are crashing and mixing together, because of this the earth is getting hotter and hotter. This is global warming;  most people don’t think that global warming is even real, or that it’s even happening. The truth is, global warming is real and it is happening right now. People need to know what global warming is, what it’s doing to our world, and what we can do about it.

What is global warming? 

Global warming is the effect of chemical pollution. Have you ever been in your car and seen a building with a big cloud of smoke above it (these are greenhouse gases), that big cloud of smoke are chemicals (greenhouse gases) that are released into the air. The chemicals then rise  up into the earth's atmosphere and mix together. When these chemicals mix together they get hot because they are in the earth’s atmosphere, the earth gets hot too, and cause global warming. Global warming causes many bad things to happen on earth. 
How it’s affecting the earth?
One effect of global warming is the weather is getting hotter and hotter. The effect of the weather getting hotter is that some water sources are going to dry up. If our water dries up then what are people going to use to water crops? What would people drink? If People have no water then they're not going to be able to stay hydrated. Many people will die of dehydration.   
Global warming not only affects people it also affects animals too. If we have no water then they have no water. After a while, animals will start to roam trying to find water. Animals will be walking right into homes, parks, and malls.  Lions, tigers, bears, and many other dangerous animals would be walking right into people’s homes and killing them. So if you don’t want to be mauled by a bear you might want to try to stop global warming.

What can I do about it?
One way you can stop global warming is using compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs. A regular light bulb uses 60 kilowatts of energy, but a CFL bulb uses 70% less (and they last longer). The less energy you use the less pollution is put into the air.
Another big thing you could do is recycle. When you throw something away it goes to a landfill. The trashes in landfills get burned. When this happens many chemicals get into the air and rise into the earth’s atmosphere causing global warming.     

Let’s do something about it!                                                                                                      
We can’t go on like this! We have to do something about it!  Only 20% of the population in the U.S is recycling, let’s add another person. You now know that global warming is real and is happening. You now know what it is, what it’s doing to our world, and what you can do about it. So let’s do something about it, don’t be lazy be a hero help save the world.