Tiffani | Teen Ink

Tiffani

May 10, 2016
By niamarnay BRONZE, Wentzville, Missouri
niamarnay BRONZE, Wentzville, Missouri
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My sister isn’t what you would call perfect. Tall, slim, and brown skin is what you can describe her as. Okay, okay, maybe funny as well. But I can say she is a role model. My sister is someone I can run to for any problem that I may have. She has been there for me in such a big way, there aren’t enough words to even describe it.


My sister is who I trust. I make a lot of mistakes and I can be embarassed and not open up to friends about what I have done. So sadly, I make the decision to keep it all to myself and just beat myself up on the inside. But when my sister is around she can tell when something is wrong with me and I can never get anything passed her. When I finally open up to her, I love her bluntness. We all need that one person that has to put us in our place about the mistake, have us not admit to our wrong, but will give the right advice to where the mistake would never have to happen again.


We grew up in St. Louis, some might think of it more as a struggle, but we never had to go through that. We had the best parents in the world, to not only ourselves, but to others. No lie most of what we had was handed to us. Though it seemed like we grew up with silver spoons, my sister had to teach me some street smart. That explains why i am the way I am now, I show no fear and can have an attitude.


My sister is one woman I have much respect for. The way she carries herself is something many can take notes from. She does anything for my nephew. I knew when she first found out she was pregnant it was hard for her, she would always say, “I’m not having kids” but that never stopped the love she has for my nephew. Everything is not easy, but my nephew can never tell if something is going wrong because of the care and love he receives from my sister. They have a bond that every son and mother can ask for. My nephew is 4 years old and acts like my sisters: husband, bodyguard, and son, all in one. He protects, argue, and begs, which makes watching them even more special.


I don’t think anyone can really understand our relationship, but us. It wasn’t always like that, I think the move to Wentzville really did it. We both didn’t like it here, so with our parent being gone with the cars we just started talking more and making many memories. When my sister moved out, I was devastated, I didn’t want to be social with anybody. After learning, she couldn’t do much on her own, she came back home. Ever since then I have been really happy, sometimes I think if it wasn’t for her, I don’t know how I would be.