Hero | Teen Ink

Hero

By Taylor Lautt BRONZE, Dell Rapids, South Dakota
Taylor Lautt BRONZE, Dell Rapids, South Dakota

In my eyes and in my thoughts, a hero is someone who always has the right things to say and knows exactly when to say it. A hero is someone who is there to pick you up when you fall and to lead you on the right path in life. A hero is someone who can make a difference in someone else's life. My father, Jeff, is my hero and the person I look up to the most. There are words in this world that I could say how great of a person he is but it still wouldn't be enough. My father has been there for me through thick and thin and has not and won't ever give up on me. He's tough but very emotional even though he'll never show it. He's courageous and isn't scared of anything that comes his way. When I take a look at my dad, I see my dreams of being successful in my work and in my family just as well as he is. He's come so far in his life, I could never be as proud of anyone as I am towards him. My hero is not someone I'll never see, or hope to see, it's someone I've grown up with and will continue to be by his side for the rest of our lives.