Malala Is a True Hero | Teen Ink

Malala Is a True Hero

By jennanightengale13 BRONZE, Gustine, California
jennanightengale13 BRONZE, Gustine, California

They aren’t what most people think they are. In that case, I mean world heroes. To begin with, most teenagers get the idea that super models blasted on the covers of vogue are heroes… perhaps for helping you get tips on how to dress for 2015’s fall season, but nothing more. Heroes shouldn’t make you feel any less of yourself, and heroes definitely don’t act in such ways, that would advertise unjust behavior.

So now you might ask what a hero is. A hero is a person who is idolized for having courage, receiving outstanding achievements, or having noble qualities. Another example of a hero is Malala Yousafzai. Malala is a girl, who stood up for education. Although she was determined to go to school herself, she went up against the Taliban, for children all over the world. She took it as far, as putting her life at risk.

Growing up in Pakistan, with the constant reminder of the Taliban, it was very hard for Malala to go to school. At the time that Malala was a teenager, the Taliban were seeking control and complete ownership of Pakistan.
The Taliban were against many things, one of which being school. For several months, Malala put everything at risk, to be educated… but over a course of time, the Taliban’s invasions and attacks only got worse. Malala was determined, brave, and smart. However, it was almost as if Malala walked through the streets of Pakistan with a blindfold over her eyes and headphones on her eras, playing her favorite song. Why? Because, the Taliban were everywhere, plastering Malala’s face on newspapers, in search of her. Malala Yousafzai didn’t care though, she wanted to learn, she enjoyed it, and so she went to school. She went to school at least, until she was severely injured by a gunshot to from the Taliban.

Malala’s recovery, like any other, was very hard, but she was never shy of fight and determination! Malala was so selfless; she spent her time in the hospital thinking of others. She worried about her family’s safety back in Pakistan; she worried about her school friends, her neighbors, and children all over the world, looking for a chance to be educated. Surprisingly enough, being shot opened up many new doors for her. After the incident, Malala’s face was on magazines for a second time… publishers couldn’t get enough of her story!

In 2014, Malala yousafzai was awarded a Nobel peace prize! This was huge for her; it was a big step in continuing to spread the importance of an education. She is a leading advocate in the world, for girls’ rights. Malala recently created a nonprofit organization that raises money to enable girls all over the world, to receive twelve years of free schooling. Malala wants women to make a difference, and be change-makers in the world.

Malala’s efforts to encourage and enhance education play a big role on the futures of children and me. Malala is trying to help make it so, that our world is being filled with productive people and knowledge from others. She also gave me a reason to be thankful for my education. I appreciate being able to learn feely, in an environment that makes it fairly easy to do so! Malala’s work in the world is extremely significant! She exemplifies what it’s like to fight for your beliefs. Malala Yousafzai is my definition of a peaceful world leader!

Anonymous said...
My entire class is working on an assignment based of this article, so props to you!