Reflective Essay | Teen Ink

Reflective Essay

By Henry33 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Henry33 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

A There is a lot of people I like and love a lot, but the one I am going to tell you about today is my Dad. My Dad is a Norwegian-Sweden, he is currently 47 years old, and a really nice and respectful person.

My Dad was born in Portland, Oregon but later moved to Cannon Falls. He says he doesn’t remember much about the farm in Cannon Falls, but what he does remember is that there was a big barn that he used to play in that he fell out of one time. But besides that he doesn’t remember much about the farm. Four or five years later he moved to a house in Apple Valley, in Apple Valley he had a pond in the backyard that was about as big as a football field, he said that he used to swim in the pond all the time and play hockey on it during the winter.One time he told us about the time he was skating on the ice and he fell through and how he struggling to get out but he finally did. After the Apple Valley house he moved back to Cannon Falls and has been there ever since.

When my Dad was little he had a lot of dogs. He had a long bad,sad history with dogs because he has had only one in his life died of old age.The first dog he had ever got as this little dog named Chow Chow, Chow Chow was a very small dog, my Dad got him when he was 4 years old.The neighber had a big brown bull-mastif named Barney that would come over when they were gone and eat all of Chow Chows dog food and poop in the backyard.My Dad said one day Chow Chow was out playing in the backyard, and Barney came over and saw Chow Chow, then Barney came up to Chow Chow and bit down on his back and broke his back. My Dad was really sad because he was only like 4 years old, so my grandpa Gary grabbed the gun scared off the dog and he never came back again.About a year after that my Dad got another dog named Bear, the dog was litterly like a little bear cub. Dad loved that dog a lot, and one day Bear was laying behind a truck tire on a downhill drive way.This girl got in the truck and just put it in neutral and rolled down the driveway and rolled over Bear.The reason Bear died is because when the girl got in the truck she just put it in neutral and didn’t start it up.If she would of started it up Bear would of heard it and woke up and got out of the way. As you can see my dad has had a rocky road with dogs.

When my Dad was about 27 years old he started to ride dirt bikes, a year after that he started to race district.The District is a series of races that the rider race at. My dad was not the best when he first started, but then he started training and getting in shape and he was finishing in the top 5 every race. After a couple of bad broken bones my Dad stopped racing district and just ride at the track at our house.

Overall my Dad said he had a fun childhood, it was a little rocky at times because of his dog experiences.He is currently 47 at the time and he says he feels 47 because his dirt bike injuries. Also I want to get out I do like a lot of other people just as much as my Dad. He taught me a lot in my life.It’s been a fun ride and I’m glad it’s not over.

Its about my dad