A hero can be anyone | Teen Ink

A hero can be anyone

December 10, 2015
By Princess7373 SILVER, Newark, Delaware
Princess7373 SILVER, Newark, Delaware
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Arianna  the most caring, strong, and unique person I know. It just so happens that she is 13 and my little sister. She is also my biggest inspiration in this world, everything I do is for her. She is truly amazing and at 13 years old has become my hero. 


I can remember sitting down next to her after we had just been told the unbearable news that our mom and her mommy was on drugs. I remember hugging my nine-year-old sister with tears running down my face faster than ever. Then pulling back to look at her and tell her everything would be okay, but when I looked down I was astonished to see that she wasn’t crying. Not a single tear was shed from my little sister struggling more now with life than ever. After already not seeing or talking to her dad in years and now the new mommy drama I figured she wouldn’t be okay. However, that little girl did that opposite that day she did her very best to make everyone smile. That little one has been put through a hellish life but she never cries and never lets anything bring her down. She is so downright strong that she is the supporter. She has made me the person I am today because of her I don’t let the hard times bring me down. I do what my sister taught me and that’s to rise above the bad and make them good to come out tougher than ever before just like her.


Arianna is also the most caring kid she would drop anything she was doing to help you or listen to you about any problem. If you ever call for help around her she is the first one on sight, and she is always willing no matter what the task. Arianna would stand up for her friends and let someone pick on her before she saw her friend hurt. She is so courageously caring that she doesn’t care what it takes to make someone feel better, she will still do it. She is always the first person to hug you when she sees a sad face and always the first to ask what is wrong. Then once she knows she will do everything in her power to make you feel better and to put a smile on your face. To be so selfless and only 13 blows my mind, it makes me to want to be just as caring and helpful as she is.


Despite Arianna’s other amazing qualities her uniqueness tends to be my favorite and also my number one reason that she is my hero. From the time the kid could walk and talk she has loved to dance and sing. Not always the best at it but she didn’t care. She would make up any song or dance on the spot and when it was time for people to discuss it she could care less what they had to say, because all that mattered to her is that she did what she wanted. I always see my sister in the craziest patterned leggings or the craziest little shirts and she will go anywhere in them. She could be wearing her cheetah leggings to a wedding and she still wouldn’t care what people had to say. She has an open mind to anything and doesn’t judge anyone. She takes what she likes and who she wants to be and she does it. She doesn’t care if no one notices or if everyone notices she is herself.


My little sister has taught me to be the strongest person I know not just for everyone else but for myself. To teach myself how to turn weaknesses into strengths, and to care for others before yourself. Never give up on someone you love always make sure they know that you care. And most importantly to be yourself no matter who is watching. Do what makes you happy and don’t worry about what others think because they don’t affect you. If I am ever half the person she is at 13-years-old then I have done something right because no one could ever come close to her and the influence she has had on me.