prom night with a rwist | Teen Ink

prom night with a rwist

By brookestar44 BRONZE, Keller, Texas
brookestar44 BRONZE, Keller, Texas

Have you ever witnessed or showed someone a random act of kindness?  Well that’s exactly happened at  Miller High when two boys Adam and Tyrell were nominated for prom king.  Tyrell Clay is the quarterback for Miller and the most popular kid at the high school.  Adam Chadwick on the other hand has been teased and picked on. Adam thought people nominated him as a joke and was planning on not attending the prom because he thought he wouldn’t win.  It came down to prom night and everyone huddled around to see who was Miller High’s prom king.  It was announced Tyrell had won and he was thrilled, but only for seconds. He then skimmed through the crowd and spotted Adam.  Adam had given in and decided to come.  Tyrell did something at that very moment no other high school jock would ever do.  Tyrell  stripped the crown from his head  and walked over to Adam and said “they chose the wrong man.” Tyrell placed the crown on Adam’s head and bowed, resulting in a room in which everyone cheered.  From that day on, Adam says he can walk the halls with his head held high.