Supersizing The Tips To Fast Food Workers | Teen Ink

Supersizing The Tips To Fast Food Workers

November 13, 2015
By DannyChoi BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
DannyChoi BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Two people named Kong and Jesse were two socially introverted people at first, but then they dedicated themselves to be better people.

Kong was from an Asian Family who supports being anti-social but it hurt the most in high school for him so he wanted to do something about it.

Jesse played video games and ate junk food at the same time for the most of his childhood.

He later wanted a girlfriend and dedicated himself to change.
He ate healthier and worked out so he could have a social life.

Kong and Jesse both met each other at a dating forum and it helped them build self-confidence so that’s why they created Simple Pickup. Even though Simple Pickup makes videos about dating advice and building self-confidence, all of the sudden, they made a video that warmed people’s hearts.

Simple Pickup made a Youtube video about tipping fast food workers $100 and that was when people experienced the best moment of their lives. Jesse said, “We’re going to give the money to the people that are usually overlooked in society”, which are the fast food workers you see everyday. They did a fundraiser to a charity but the money was returned back and they used that to give the fast food workers $100 in tips. Every time they gave money to the workers, they received lot’s of emotional responses.  Around the end of the video, they gave another $100 to a worker and even though she knew $100 was a big deal, she also knew $100 would mean even more to a homeless person so she gave it all to a homeless person right next to her.

Simple Pickup wants people to start a chain reaction in kindness from people all around them and now lot’s of people just like them are giving money to people in need because they also want to see the same chain reaction in life.


The author's comments:

I watched a youtube video about this and I thought it was inspiring and I had to do a project about it anyways.. -_-

 

"This is a sentence, you are reading a sentence, you just wasted 5 seconds of your life."