Jerry | Teen Ink

Jerry

My hero is Jerry! He is my Papa. He passed away just before I turned 6 years old. If you needed anything, he would be there, no matter what. He has made a big difference in my life ever since I was born. I want to be just like him. Him and I use to do everything together since my mom and dad both worked, I would go over his house and he would watch me. When I was old enough, he would take me to school. The reason I woke up every day when I was younger was because of him. He never missed church. Even if he was sick, he still went. I see him in my dreams a lot reminding me how I should act. Ever since I was born, I have been trying to be just like him. There was nobody like him. He had all friends and no enemies. He loved everyone. Just like god wants everybody to be. I would say he was almost perfect from what I heard. He was only part of my life for less than 6 years, but everyone says he was awesome, and I believe them. He was the coolest guy around. He knew all kinds of jokes. He would take me to the park in the summer; watch my baseball and hockey games. He would do everything with me. Also, every Thursday during the summer he use to golf and after he would come over and hang out with me until I had to go to bed.