Mr. President: Barack Obama | Teen Ink

Mr. President: Barack Obama

Today January 20, 2009 Mr. Barack Obama became president at 12 p.m. Eastern time. I got to watch the inaguration at school for first period 8:34 a.m. Western time.

The gym went quite as the live feed back came on. "I,... Barack Obama, will..." When he finished his inagural speech the gym erupted in applause. I thought that it was nice of our new president to shake hands with George Bush before he went back to Texas.

At first when Barack Obama started running for the spot of pesidency, I knew he was going to win. He had such a good influence over all the kids at my school. All anybody could talk about was politics and Obama and what he would do as president. It was weird at first with all the kids who were usually obsessed with basketball and other sports to non-stop talk about politics. But the more I thought about it, the more I knew that it was good for them to be learning about that kind of stuff even if I didn't know what they were talking about. I was so happy when we got to watch the inagural speech in the gym. I know that Obama will change the USA for the better. I'm so happy that he's president.
Mr. Barack Obama is my hero. I just found out today that my best friend is going to meet him live in May. I'm jealous. :)