Immortal | Teen Ink

Immortal

By Rhaseley BRONZE, Burt, New York
Rhaseley BRONZE, Burt, New York

you do you.

Logan woke up. He tried to move but at the time his body wasn’t responding. He glanced around, seeing rubble and the ruins of what his house was like. On the ground next to him was a couple pairs of torn up shirts. One was bleached red and the other was jet black. He grabbed the red one. Red was his favorite color. Once Logan picked it up he noticed something peculiar about it. It was dripping wet. He watched as each droplet of the red substance fell to the ground, bled profusely,  his body  pinned up against a broken brick wall. Then in the dust he saw a shadowy figure approaching him.
    “ Need a bandaid?” the Figure said. “ Cause there is a Rite Aid right across the street, oh...wait a second. Here just stay there I'll be right back,” he proclaimed as he vanished.
    Logan gripped the bar and pulled out word and it moved a little bit then another hand gripped the bar. He glanced up and it was, Mr. Storm. He owned a huge corporation. Just last year he donated 1.5 million dollars to a local charity.
    “Hey, its Logan right? I should probably apologize for kinda stating that you should stay right there, as I can see you can’t really move. Like at all. But that Rite aid I talked about earlier yeah that’s, uh, how do I put this. Obliterated, that’s the word,” he said mockingly
    With one clean swoop he ripped the bar out of him,  grabbed the Black torn up shirt and wrapped it around his wound. He then had his first chance at the rubble among him. Logan's house was practically dust. Like Storm said the Rite Aid  across the street was Obliterated. Then In the distance he saw the skyline of New York. But that was the thing, there was no skyline.
    “ What...What happened?” he asked.
    “ Well, There was a bomb and I'm sure you can connect the dots,”
    Logans face turned to stone. Then he whipped his head around and wailed “ Pa!”
he started to move some of the rubble. Rock after rock, particle after particle, he desperately searched for the last remaining member of his family. 
    “ Hey logan? Dont you think a broom would be better?” Mr. Storm asked.
    Logan turned his head,  focused his attention on  Storm, and in a fit of rage, he asked, “Do you think this is funny?”
“Well, actually yes I do. You’ve had it great. You had a parent who loved you. Haha see what I did there I said had so you understand that they are dead and I said loved to reinstate that they still are dead. But all your life you were surrounded by people who love you. But even though this is the first time we met you don’t even know me. Your so called father kept a lot of secrets from you. Lets start with this. I am your half brother. You see your Dad told Mom to cast me away. Because I wasn’t his. So I stayed on the streets. I was homeless at the age of 9. Whenever id call for help in this so called city that never sleeps I was ignored. Nobody wanted me. Until one day my REAL Father found me. He was a billionaire. Once I turned 18 he gave me his company. I was the Chairman of Oil Inc. So one day I visited your home. I walked up to your door and your father answered. I asked for mom and he said she passed. That she died of bone cancer. So I went home a broken man. I had no one who loved me. So I developed this beautiful creation. Two years it took to fulfill my vengeance.”
    “Wait, you are the one who destroyed the city?” Logan responded.
    “ Cmon Logan didnt you hear me? I just told you my master plan!” he proclaimed.
    He stood up. Then an immense heat raged from inside of him and his hands burst into flames. He jumped back in shock from what just happened. His hands were on fire and he wasn’t burning.
    “ Interesting. So thats what you developed,” he said
    “what do you mean?” Logan questioned.
    “ You see Logan. That bomb. That Blast, carried gamma rays. It changed yours and mine DNA. I equipped it to my genes. Since we are related I realized that it would probably change yours as well. So I targeted your house expecting you to die in the blast. But as I can see I was wrong,” he said in a saddened tone.
" you killed my parents!" Logan screamed
The flames in his fist began to change color, from red to blue.
"Wow you are angry. Let me get you some water," he stated as he vanished.
He then reappeared right in front of Logan with a bucket of water and smashed it over Logan. The flames that consumed Logan’s hands were extinguished. Then Mr.Storm began to speak “ See? feel better? You just had to get cooled off” Logan then lunged at Storm but in a blink of an eye he vanished.
“WHERE ARE YOU!” Logan screamed.
“Im totally not behind you,” Storm whispered into Logan’s ear as he jabbed at the wound Logan tied up.
“Gah” Logan said as he burst into pain
Then Logan’s whole body shot waves of fire in all different directions. Then Storm teleported just out of reach of the blast. Storm then teleported back in and rammed his elbow into the face of Logan, flinging Logan back into the rubble that was once his home. Logan placed his fist on the ground which broke distorted bone in half.
“father?” Logan cried
“ FATHER” Logan cried again.
    The ground started to shake as rocks from the earth formed hands and grappled Storm. Storm tried to escape but the rocks that were attached to Storm were grappled too hard onto Storms leg Which if he left it would surely separate his leg from the rest of his body.
    “God damnit” Storm whispered.
    “This, this is for my FATHER!” Logan screamed as he tightened the grip on his leg.
    “GAH,” Storm Howled as his leg snapped.
    “Im not done yet,” Logan whispered as he walked up to Storm.
“That was for my Father, This is for the millions of lives you ruined!” Logan said as his hands bursted into flames once more. Logan instantly punched Storm in the gut and held his fist there until Storm passed out from the pain. Sirens Blared from the distance and  with every breath Logan took, With every thought that came across his mind, and every droplet of blood dripping off his chest. He hopes for his brother to die. But He thinks to himself. What if he killed his brother? His whole family is dead.
“I know you can’t hear me right now, but believe me I want to kill you. I want to put you out of this world. But that would make me no better than you. That would make me a murderer. So I will wait here until the police get here and take you away and I will see to it that you will never see the light of day again. DO YOU HEAR ME?” Logan said.
    As soon as Logan’s speech ended, the police showed up.
    “Freeze! Put your hands in the air” One of the officers bellowed.
Logan put his foot on the limp body beneath him.
    Then Logan spoke, “ This sorry excuse for a man is Mr. Storm the C.E.O of Oil Inc. HE is responsible for the  death of millions of people and the destruction of your city...of our city. He planted a bomb that gave him Teleportation powers and me the power to equip the elements to my emotions. I wish to he him to be brought to justice,”
the police started to whisper and say things like “ Storm did this?” and “ No it can’t be’”
Logan then glanced down at His so called brother. Storms eyes then darted open and he whispered “you’re bleeding. Need a Band Aid?” Then he vanished.