my mom | Teen Ink

my mom

Dear Mother,

Through the eighteen years of my life, I have had advantages that other kids cannot say they have. I have been raised with patience, love, and encouragement. That is why I would like to take the time to thank you for everything you have done for me.

Once high school started my life changed. I had to help with the business more and take on the full responsibilities of being a Sprung. There were times when I just wanted to say screw it and give up on school and take it day by day like other kids. However, you pushed me and reassured that everything would be fine in the end, and it did. I now have gotten into my dream school of Madison because of the principles I have learned from you. In less than a year I will be leaving for college. I know we both will be tormented but I want to reassure you everything will be fine. If I had a slack of a mother who didn’t give a s*** I would be nervous. Yet, I know how to handle myself and be successful because of you.

As a mother of four and having to balance a family and business, you have more stress than anyone I know. Nonetheless, you handle everything with ease and passion. I love everyday I come home and spend time with you because I know how unfair life is and how other kids don’t have what I have, an amazing parent and friend.

Thanks again for being my mother, hero, and friend. As I continue on my journey of life I just want you to know not a day will go by that I won’t think of you.

Your Son,