My Best Friend, My Mother | Teen Ink

My Best Friend, My Mother

Growing up I have had many different heroes. Some famous, some I know personally. But there has been one person I've looked up to all my life. She's my best friend, someone I know I can go to. She's the reason I am alive today. Not only is she my best friend, but my mother.

My mom has been there for me through everything. She had me and raised me to be who I am today. She was there to comfort me through my first break up and she was there to cheer me on when I was in my first school play. Through the good and the bad I know I can always rely on her.

She spoils me rotten and sometimes I take her for granted, but I try not to. We go on vacations together and spend time together a lot. She helped me plan my Sweet 16 party and helped me through my knee surgery. She has done so much for me and I wish there was some way to make it up to her.

We were there for each other through the roughest thing that has taken place in our life. When her and my dad split up. She came home the day my father told me he was leaving and we sat down and talked about what exactly was going on. She made me feel better about everything and I felt more secure knowing things were going to be okay. I helped her through everything, mostly by being there when she needed to let loose.

My mother is the coolest person I know, and my biggest hero. She's one of the girls when I'm with my friends, and most of them call her "mommy" too because she is that type of person. We have our disagreements and arguments but there is nothing that will ever change the bond that we have.

I'm not your average teenage girl. I love to read and write and spend time with my friends and family. I'm interested in acting, singing and dancing. I get along with pretty much anyone. I stick up for what I believe and know what is right and wrong.