My Daddy the Real Heroe

My daddy was always working, sleeping, driving around. He left to Iraq, to save the country's broad sound. He fought and he fought. Untill one day, my daddy got shot because he went away. Tears came down my little chubby cheaks with a depressing frown. My daddy got shot so he couldn't save the country's broad sound. But one day we got a knock on our door.. oh yes, oh yes! My daddy standing proud and strong. In front of our door.

shrekndonkey said...
OH MY GOSH! my dad is in the military too. He had to leave one of his deployments too because of heart problems and when i read this i could totally relate. It almost made me cry. GREAT job.

kissingdawn331 said...
Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:18 am
hey lauren...you've written comments for me and i just read this and wow you were a great poet...even back then

tlc2390 said...
Feb. 23, 2009 at 3:23 am
Hi everyone I'm Lauren's mom and just wanted to say thank you for voting for her. She is a very remarkable young lady and I'm very proud of her.

LaurenHaley((: said...
Wow. Sidney thanks for letting me be your row model(:
Thanks to everyone that leaves a comment on this, I wouldn't know what I would do with out yall. Thanks .. Thank .. Lauren Haley .. (: .. (:

Sidney's Dad (Jerry) said...
Hi. I'm Sidney's dad. Thank you for writing about your dad. I went to Iraq to, but I came home safe and sound, tell your dad and your self keep up the good work and God bless yall.
Like Sidney said this is inspiring and keep up the good work and We can't wait to read more of your poetry!

Sidney(: said...
Wow, so inspiring, makes me want to get my dad up and come read this!! Lauren you are an inspiring person to me..!! Your my row model. In-fact I'm going to show my dad right now. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . My dad said that he will leave a comment for you and thank you for all your work.
P.s <33 Sidney P.s (Again) your my row model!!

LaurenHaley (The writer of this heroe's poem. said...
Hi.. Thank yall for writing comeents for my poem, this poem is one of the best, because my dad is always there for me. That's why I wrote this.. Well keep on voting for me Pleasee!! Every vote counts!

catlover000 said...
This is a very inspiring article. She
has a very honest love and admiration for her father (the hero). I hope this
is printed in your magazine to inspire
other girls to love their dads the same
way she does.