My Mother | Teen Ink

My Mother

December 2, 2008
By Anonymous

If asked who or what is my inspiration I would always say my mom. She has been everything I have needed to grow, mature, and learn to lead. She has been both my inspiration and role model. If it wasn’t for her I wouldn’t be where I am at on both a physical and emotional level. To tell you the truth she is one of the most determined individuals in my life and most likely in the world.

My mother is a leader. She has been able to overcome any obstacle in her way. I have been able to watch her and learn how to lead. She taught me that you sometimes sacrifice by everything she has done for me. Everything that has happened in my life only made me stronger. She has encouraged me to be active and grow stronger. Also she never lets me have excuses.

My mother has had to do the work of two people. My mom was in an abusive relationship when I was still a baby. Even when threatened she remained strong. It is so weird for me to see movies where the mother stays with the abusive dad and to think that could be me. She is the one person in my life that I needed the most and even though I needed her for many things (of course), but there is so much more to it than that. I have been very lucky to have someone as strong as her in my life and if anyone deserves to be recognized as a model of leadership it is her.
Those and many other reasons show why I admire and wish to be a leader like my mom. I think if you knew my mother they would feel the same.