A hero to me | Teen Ink

A hero to me

We all have someone special in our lives. Whether it’s a mom or dad, friend, or even a pet. My best friend Sarah C. is my personal Michigan hero.

It all happened in the third grade. She was new and short. Everyone was making fun of her. But I didn’t. At lunch she didn’t have place to sit. My friends and I asked her to sit with us.

When I hear the name Sarah, I think loud, crazy, fun and awesome. I don’t know what I would do without her. She’s always there for me. We have been through everything together. Through good and bad. She never lets me down. Even though she laughs when I get hurt, I still love her.
This one time when I was at her house in the morning, I was running out to the bus and I had a hard time getting down the stairs because it was so dark. I was so scared that I was going to fall. Well, I got down the stairs ok, but in the yard there was a big hole. It had water in it because it had rained the night before. I stepped in it and fell. I got so muddy. By that time the bus was already there, so I had to get up and run. All I could say when I fell was ouch. Sarah was laughing so hard, she made me laugh.
When I got to the school I called my mom so she could bring me some dry clothes. She got mad and started yelling at me because I was laughing. That’s just a funny memory of Sarah and me.
We have our fights here and there, but nothing could tear us apart. I always say to never fight with the people you love, because you never know if you will see them again. I don’t know what I would do if I never saw Sarah again. I love that girl.