My Extraordinary Mom | Teen Ink

My Extraordinary Mom

By Agbailey16 BRONZE, La Mesa, California
Agbailey16 BRONZE, La Mesa, California

Optimism is key

"You deserve to have gold pouring over you from the whole world." This is how I feel about my mom right now because she has makes such a huge difference in my life.  My mom is so amazing because she works really hard to help hold the family together and she saved my life.

One reason my mom is so incredible is because she works really hard to help hold the family together during stressful times.  For example, each time I have been in the hospital, my mom stays with me while communicating with my dad and brother, letting them know how I am doing and helping to figure out times that they can visit.  If it wasn't for my mom, times such as when I am in the hospital would probably get pretty hectic at home.  I believe that if she did not communicate so well with the other members of my family, they would not know what was going on and may not be able to come see me as often.  Another example that shows that my mom works really hard to hold the family together when times are hard is that when we recently moved, my mom helped coordinate people to help us pack and kept our belongings organized when they were being transferred from one house to the other.  For example, when packing items, my mom put them neatly in a box and put special colored tape on each box so that we would know which boxes went to each room in the new place.  When my mom did this, it really helped ensure that our belongings did not get lost or broken.  In addition, my mom made phone calls to some of our family to set up times for them to come help us finish packing a couple days before we had to be out of house.  Helping so much to keep the family together during stressful times is just one reason I believe my mom is so important.

One more reason I consider my mom to be so amazing is because she saved my life.  For example, my mom helped me recover from some health problems recently by doing research to try to figure out what happened.  She thought about what she knew and did research to gain additional information.  This is just one more reason I believe my mom is so special.

As you can see, my mom does an amazing job helping to hold the family together and even saved my life.  She even dedicated her time to doing research to try to figure out what was wrong.  One might wonder what would have happened if my mom had not done so much research.  I personally believe that if my mom had not found some possible answers through research, I would have died.  I believe it is important for others to know about people like my mom to realize the recognition they deserve to get.

I was inspired to write this collection of poems by not only the strength that I feel I have, but by how amazing my mom has been in helping me get through my medical troubles.  I hope others will realize how precious life is and how lucky we are to be alive.  I also hope they will realize that I could not have gotten through these medical problems without my mom.  I hope that others will not feel sorry for me, but simply be inspired to know how powerful life really is.