My Hero | Teen Ink

My Hero

January 20, 2015
By Max_W BRONZE, Palm Desert, California
Max_W BRONZE, Palm Desert, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

 Every person in this world has their own personal hero. My hero is my father for many good reasons. He might not do everything right but he tries his best and does what he can. He helps me with my school work, he supports me with things that I like and want to do, he lets me makes my own choices and helps me when I make the wrong ones.
   

My dad keeps up with my school work. he doesn't control me and make me do my homework he gives me the choice. I can do my homework and get good grades or I can not do my homework and suffer the consequences. He keeps an eye on my grades and when they start to slip up he starts to help and give heads up but still let me decide what to do.
   

My hero supports me and likes to help me with what I like. I told him I wanted to do crossfit. The next time that the crossfit started he took me and let me try it. I also want to play baseball for my highschool next year. He lets me go with my brother whenever we want to go hit baseballs or play catch at the park. He can’t always do these things with me but i know that he would love to but he can't because he has to work.
   

He is controlling but he lets me choose my own paths and if i take the wrong one he guides me the other way. He will never tell me how to do something or what to do. He will punish me if go down the wrong path with hopes that I will make a better decision next time. He will always help if I ask or guide me to the right decision. I can always talk to him no matter what it is about.
   

My hero in this world is my father. He supports me, he always helps me with school work, and he will let me make my own decisions but guide me the right way when it is needed. these are the reasons why my dad is my hero.