More then one | Teen Ink

More then one

December 4, 2014
By Anonymous

Inspiration comes from everywhere. Whether it is a model, an actress, a family member, or a friend. Anything can give you inspiration and that’s what it is all about. I’m inspired to do well in school, to be independent, to be strong, and to never give up.
18 and just graduated high school pregnant with a beautiful baby boy. Trying to go to college but confused on what to do. That’s Lexus my sister she’s beautiful and strong. She is raising a 8-month old baby by herself with no one and going to school full time and working nights. Just trying to find a babysitter at nights so she can work to provide for her and her baby. She’s alone but she’s strong and she doesn’t care that no one is there to help. She is independent she does things on her own. She inspires me to be independent she makes me want to live on my own and not to depend on anyone because when you do you get let down. She makes me realize that I am who I want to be and no one can stop me. I should do what makes myself the happiest because in the end you must be independent.
10 years old with no mom, murdered by a horrendous excuse for a man. Trying everyday to understand why and how to deal with that. That’s Kyle my boyfriend. He is the strongest man I know. He is only 18 now and everyday he struggles with wondering what him and his family did to deserve what happened to his mom. Everyday he wants to give up and just cry but he knows he can’t. He knows he must be strong and never give up for not only his family, but also his mom. Kyle teaches me everyday that things will always get tough but you cant just give up you have to get through them. You have to be strong enough not to let things break you down. He gives me inspiration to keep going when I feel like giving up when I feel like I can’t go anymore. Everyday he amazes me and encourages me to become more and more stronger then the day I was before. Because quitting that won’t help anything but never giving up that’s what takes a strong man. To do your best when you feel like you don’t have anything else to give.
58 years old raising 3 kids on her own that doesn’t seem right. Trying to give them everything they need and want in a parent. That’s my mom-mom 58 years old when we found out my mom was a drug addict. Taking custody of me and my brother and sister when she didn’t have too. She works everyday, gets kids ready for school, feeds them, does homework with them, takes them to doctors appointments, and even when they’re emotional she comforts them. That’s not typically something you have to deal with at 58. Then on top of that trying to handle that your daughter is on drugs. She inspires me to know that sometimes other people must come before you. Sometimes you must give up your own wants to care for those you love. My mom-mom would dodge a bullet for my siblings and me. She taught me you shouldn’t be just independent but also dependent for when others need you. She taught me to understand the difference between helping someone that needs you and someone who is using you. My mom-mom is simply amazing being a mother for children when she already went through her time. But she never gave up on us she encourages us everyday to do better then our parents. She encourages us to do what makes us happy but to understand sometimes you must help others along the way. My mom-mom inspires me to be passionate.
37 and a heroine addict or 42 an alcoholic those are my parents and believe it or not they are the ones who inspire me the most. They inspire me to be all of the above things and more. My mom inspires me to work hard at what you want. She is almost 1 year clean of her heroine addiction and at first she didn’t want to give up the drug. But then one day when she had nothing it clicked that she wanted everything back. It was impossibly hard to get clean but it was what she wanted to do so she worked for it. She had to leave for a while and she had to do it on her own. Now my mom is hardworking because of all she had go through to get there. She now has a new job, which isn’t a good one, but she worked hard to get it and she’s proud of it. My mom inspires me to be proud of who you are no matter the mistakes you have made because if you can make it through then that gives you something to be proud of. My dad inspires me to do well in school so I don’t live a life like he does. So I don’t stress about anything he does. My dad inspires me to go to college and make a living because he has taught me that you wont get anywhere without it. My dad has taught me that even the people you thought would be there the most sometimes walk out of your life but you can’t let them stop you.
Do I think these people are heroes to you? No, but to me they are all my heroes every one of them teaching me and encouraging me to be something else. Every one of them has been my hero at one point. Lexus is independent, Kyle is strong and never gives up, my mom-mom is passionate and willing to sacrifice her wants for others, my mom taught me to be proud and hardworking, and my dad teaches me to work for what I want. All of them and many more are my heroes anyone who inspired me to be the way I am.