My Personal Michigan Hero | Teen Ink

My Personal Michigan Hero

November 23, 2014
By kcgibson BRONZE, Plymouth, Michigan
kcgibson BRONZE, Plymouth, Michigan
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Idk


My Personal Michigan hero is my father Kevin Charles Gibson. My dad is a really neat guy. He as a great sense of humor. He is the best dad I could have ever had. He works at an insurance company Burns and Wilcox in Farmington Hills, Michigan.

My dad was born on August 21st, 1970. He was born in Detroit Michigan. He went to St. Genevieve, St. Michael, and then he went to Churchill high school. He got his Bachelors and his Masters degree from Walsh College. He also got other degrees from colleges that I don’t know.

On April 29th, 1988 my dad Kevin Gibson met his soon to be wife. It was my mom Amy Elizabeth Yoe. They started to go out and then my dad proposed to my mom at my dad’s house in Farmington Hills. We all know she said, YES! They got married at Our Lady of Good Counsel Church on November 5th, 1993. They went to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida for their honeymoon. Eight years of having no kids they finally had me, then they had my brother Zac three years later, and lastly they had my sister Jeannette six years after me, and three years after Zac.

My dad is a great man, co-worker (so I’ve heard), and he is a really great dad. My father Kevin Gibson is the best dad when it comes to driving us kids to where we need to be when we need to be there. He takes Zac and I to our practices and games in our sports. He also sometimes will take my sister to her dance. My dad is also really encouraging. My dad will yell and scream at us but we all know he still loves us equally.

My dad also does a lot of household chores including laundry, cooking dinner, and wash dishes with me and my siblings. He is generous and grateful. He is also very good at getting our family to church on Sunday. My dad is involved in Cub scouts for my brother and coached my basketball team for two seasons. I love you dad you are the best.