Chief Keef | Teen Ink

Chief Keef

May 29, 2014
By Jake Kitchener BRONZE, Coronado, California
Jake Kitchener BRONZE, Coronado, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Chief Keef(his a rapper)

Chief Keef is a rapper who is on the rise and starting to gain a lot of attention. His real name is Keith Cozart, born in Chicago, Illinois and raised in the Englewood neighborhood on the Southside of Chicago. His mother was sixteen years old when she gave birth to him. He had a child of his own when he was sixteen years old.

He started his music career as a teen when he was fifteen years old and under house arrest. He began by making YouTube videos and mix tapes. Keith's YouTube videos caught the attention of Kanye West, a prominent figure in the rapping community. With West's help Keith gained a lot of attention and started to become a popular rap artist. Soon after being released from house arrest he signed with a recording studio and was able to create his own label, called "Glory Boyz". In 2012, he came out with his debut album, "Finally Rich," which was a huge hit and involved famous rappers, including 50 cent and Wiz Khalifa.

Keith (aka Chief Keef) has many legal issues including distribution of heroin, threatening multiple police officers with a loaded gun, going 110 miles per an hour in a 55 miles per hour zone, and being under the influence of marijuana, and disorderly conducted. He has been to jail recently for failing to appear for his probation. Although Chief Keef has problems with abiding by the law, he is presently in the midst of producing another album.