My Heroes | Teen Ink

My Heroes

May 13, 2014
By Anonymous

A Grandparent. A Grandparent is some one who spoils you even when your parents tell them not to. Some one who loves you unconditionally. someone who you can talk to. Someone who has endless, stories sometimes they are your favorite person in the world. Everyone has a grandparent, some live far away and some live right down the road. Some have a close relationship some don't. Every grandparent is unique in a special way, but mine are different. My grandparents are my HEROES.

A hero. A hero is a person, who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities. When I think of a hero it can be anyone. A hero can be a random stranger on the side of the street that gives ten dollars to a homeless person, or a firefighter, or a grandparent. My grandparents are not only heroes in my eye, but others as well. My grandparents leave for two weeks and help all of the families and children in Africa that they can. While they are in Africa they have learned so much about there culture and how they live. they have gone to Africa for 6 years and in those 6 years they have done so much.

In 6 years it is truly amazing what a group of 8 - 10 people have done. My grandparents in the little time they have spent in Uganda they have done so much including:

• teaching the community how to farm
• building an orphanage
• teaching them how to make beads

They have also done so much more than that. My grandparent hope to go back to Africa for many more years, and I know they can accomplish so much more.

My grandparents are Tom and Jean and I look up to them so much. They spoil me and love me unconditionally, and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. They are not only my heroes, but they are heroes to families and children in Africa as well. My heroes are so important to me, that I would not want me heroes to be anybody else but my grandparents.