The Insight to My Inspiration | Teen Ink

The Insight to My Inspiration

April 7, 2014
By AlyssaKGreene BRONZE, Franklinton, North Carolina
AlyssaKGreene BRONZE, Franklinton, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Always work hard and love your family to be successful!" - Anonomys


Lehman, my great grandad one of the hardest workers I ever met. He was loved by his family and friends. I am sure that everybody would agree with me when I say that he is not only a fighter he is a survivor. Throughout these interviews I learned more and more about my grandad. Through these interviews I also found out that he isn’t just my hero he is my dads, mamaws, my grandma, and my moms hero also. His life story is not just great it has inspired me to make the most out of my life and the way I am growing up.

My first interview was my dad I asked him what the most important thing grandaddy has taught you? He said “What integrity, honesty, and how hard work and dedication was.” I think out of all of my interviewees my dad thought the most about him, he is my grandad’s biggest fan. I think that my grandad has shown everybody that he loves us.

My great grandmother said, “He has taught me and the family things religiously, and lovingly. He would do anything for us.” I think this is so true because he has taught me these virtues better than anything else.

“Gayle is the best thing thats happened to me, other than my kids and grandchildren and great grandchildren.” This is what granddaddy told me about his wife, Gayle, my great grandma. This quote gives me chills because it describes him perfectly. As he has grown older he has become more emotional.

“A little more emotional and isn’t afraid to say Hey, I love you! ” This is what my mom said to me. After his open heart surgery he became so much more emotional from when he was younger. It makes me happy to think that he has made a full recovery from his surgery.

Lehman, Great grandaddy, has made me realize that family and hardwork are the key values that should be in my life. He is my inspiration, and all the things I do I do to make him proud. I think that he is the best person that I could have ever interviewed. I have learned so much from him that I didn’t know before. These insights have made me realized that I thought that I was working hard and spending time with my family but I wasn’t. My mom told me that life is very short, this is true my great granddaddy is 80, and my great grandma is 79. It is scary to think that they are more susceptible in getting sick than I am because of how old they are. Lehman has the best personality and an amazing legacy.