A Teachers Magic | Teen Ink

A Teachers Magic

By Anjel SILVER, Centralia, Washington
Anjel SILVER, Centralia, Washington

Before I begin I would like to announce that the real name has been changed.
Leo Buscaglia once said, "To often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."
When I stumbled upon this quote, it made me remember one of my middle school teachers. My goofy, crazy, kind, caring, and friendly teacher who was there for me, through out the two years of my middle school. Sure there was other teachers who was there for me. There was about five others who I remember well. But this one teacher was the one who was there for me when I needed her the most. And she was there for all the other five hundred and something kids, who I went to school with at the time. She is the super angel of the school.
Mrs. Prescott was my seventh grade math teacher. She isn't one of your normal mather teachers. Not once was it boring in her class. Sure there was a lot of homework, but it wasn't like she gave you ten pages like most collage professers give you. She would always give you homework which would help you with the daily lesson. Plus, if we finished with our classwork early she did the homework with us. And that would make any seventh grader happy.
During the whole school year she never let her high sprit go. You'll walk in her classroom and know it's her who is sitting at the desk across the room. Every kid loves her. And even though she isn't a counsler at the school, all the kids mostly go to her with their problems. Even the kids who she didn't even have in class. We all trust her and know she'll always be there for us no matter what. She tries to help us with are problems and she doesn't give up until she has found a way to help solve it.
For my luck I also not only got her in seventh grade, but for my eighth grade year, I was her sixth period, prep T.A. I was the T.A. that had to do all the copying for all the work the class did, I cleaned the room, and I did a lot of things on the computer for her. I got to have many conversations with her all year. She would be concerned about my family. My mother and nana was going through a hard time those year, as a can remember. And if I was down in the dumps she would help cheer me up and pry for my family. Those two years in middle school was in that classroom.
Mrs. Prescott is the angel of the school. She is the mother of not only three wonderful children but the mother to all of those who has ever had her. And even though I'm now a sophomore in high school I'm still in contact with her. My brother is now in his last year of middle school and wasn't lucky to have her, but in two years my youngest sister will be attending there and hopfully she'll be able to have her as I did. Mrs. Prescott was there for me, she encouraged me to do things, she helped me through the hard times. I was even able to talk to her about boys which wasn't easy to talk to my mother about since she still calls me her little baby girl. But, Mrs. Prescott would have some of those motherly talks with me and it always would help me do the right thing.
I'll remember Mrs. Prescott even after I graduate from high school and start my new life. She'll always be that teacher who has made an impact on my life. God sent her to be a guardian angel to us all. And I'm blessed to have her in my life. And so are all those other kids who has ever had her. I want to send my thanks out to her for everything she has done for me. I love you.