The Battle of Superious | Teen Ink

The Battle of Superious

By AustinCarter BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
AustinCarter BRONZE, Tampa, Florida

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat."

My name is Jason, and I am trying to save the world with my two best friends. I am fifteen years old, have brown hair, and blue eyes. My best friends Sophie Blake and I are trying to defeat Superious and his army of minions. Superious has found refuge in a forest in Virginia, and is plotting to destroy the earth. The three of us are the only ones that can do anything about it. Sophie has blond hair and brown eyes, and is the opposite of a “girly girl”. She is very tough and can hold her own in a fight. Blake has black hair and green eyes. He is a prankster, and a very sarcastic guy.

My friends and I all have our own specific weapon. I have a bronze sword and shield that I have become quite comfortable with. Sophie on the other hand has a wonderfully crafted bow and a magic quiver that never runs out of arrows. Blake has a spear and several small knives on him for emergencies.

Today the three of us are starting our journey and will be at the castle by the end of two days. On our journey we brought three sleeping bags, plenty of food and water, backup weapons, a map of the forest, a tent, and a backup phone in case we need pickup. Join as my friends and I enter the forest.

“So, here we are,” said the taxi driver, as we got out. “Don’t know why I’m dropping you off at the edge of a forest, but it doesn’t matter to me as long as I get paid”. We paid him and thanked him, and made our way into the forest.

“We shouldn’t have to travel that long to get to Superious’s castle,” I explained as we walked into the forest full of wide and massive trees. “It should take around three to four days, as long as we have no setbacks.”

“Because there is no way that Superious has anyone guarding the forest. Yeah, we’ll just walk right into his castle and ask him not to destroy all of mankind – and that’s supposed to work?” Blake said sarcastically.

“Blake’s right,” Sophie said, while pulling out her bow and checking it, as we were walking deeper into the forest. “This isn’t going to be easy. We are really going to need to step it up and use a lot of teamwork, if we want to beat Superious. Plus, we have earth’s existence on the line if we mess up.”

We all went on talking strategy for the rest of the day, but never really encountered any of Superious’s minions or any ambushes. We had to take several breaks throughout the day, plus during our journey, a thick fog rolled in. This did not help us out.

We set up our camp and got ready for a hard night. We set up shifts for each of us to keep watch throughout the night. I had first shift, then Blake and then Sophie, switching off every hour, either way barely any of us could sleep.

The second day was a big surprise. Morning was just as normal as the day before, as we did not encounter anything, but around noon-time, we showed up in front of the castle. It was so strange because it was being guarded by only two minions.

“Looks like I was wrong compadre, it is going to be easy getting in here.” Blake said in a flabbergasted tone.

“Although it does look like this is going to be easy, we should still stay on our guard,” Sophie said as, without looking she shot both guards casually.

“Well, let’s get in there,” I said, as we all climbed up the wall, and started to sneak around the front of the castle. One by one, we took out minions with amazing craftiness.

We were doing well, until out of nowhere, I heard a ginormous, “ACHOO!” from the other side of the castle, and heard a “GET HIM!” It seemed that Blake had accidently sneezed, and caught the attention of every remaining minion. This of course meant that our stealth approach was ruined, so we had to start fending off the minions as they charged toward Blake. Sophie and I did not have much time to go save Blake, as he would be swarmed any second. We got over there right in time and started to fight off the minions as a well furbished team.

It took a while, and many cuts and bruises, but after a while the yard in front of Superious’s castle was covered with minion bodies. We all slowly walked to the front gates, as if walking into our own death. We walked inside, and there was Superious, sitting in his throne, waiting for us. Without saying a word, we all split up. I went straight, Sophie going left, and Blake charging right.

“You’ll never beat me! I am stronger than all three of you combined. You cannot stop me!” Superious yelled in rage, as he swiped at Blake and missed. Sophie kept on shooting arrows at Superious, trying to find a weak spot. Blake and I, on the attack, were putting in one hit after the other. The three of us kept on through this process, to no avail.

“This isn’t working!” Blake yelled while blocking an attack by Superious.

Then I saw it, a little spot in between two pieces of armor on his chest. I charged at him, jumped up and stabbed at the spot, and nailed it. After that, Superious fell down dead, and we went home. After that Superious was not able to destroy the earth, whatever that way was, we never found that part out strangely since it was so important.

The three of us went on through our lives, waiting for a problem to arise so we could risk our lives to help the world be a better place.

I had fun writing this but I feel like I could've done a lot better on it.