The Legendary Band That Changed My Life | Teen Ink

The Legendary Band That Changed My Life

September 8, 2013
By alyssagmz61 SILVER, Sacramento, California
alyssagmz61 SILVER, Sacramento, California
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Everyone likes music, music happens to be a big part of my life. One band that has changed my life is Arizona's The Summer Set. To me The Summer Set is all about living the legendary life you were given. I have been a fan of Brian, Jess, Josh, John and Stephen since 2008. This past summer I got my first chance to see them! This was so exciting for me.

Warped Tour starts at 11 in the morning and The Summer Set were scheduled to take the stage just 20 minutes after doors opened. When 11:20 hit I knew they were coming! This is the moment I've been waiting for. For those 30 minutes they were on stage I felt so alive. Seeing Brian work the crowd, Jess going to town banging on her drums, Josh and John just having the time of their life and Stephen in his spot playing.

After that amazing set I was so happy and the day barely even started.. I still had to meet them! While waiting in line I was so nervous I was shaking. I was only a foot away from the band that changed my thought my process on life and myself!

I admire The Summer Set for multiple reasons but reason number one is they never let anything defeat them. Which is very inspiring to me since I myself suffer from really bad anxiety like Stephen.

Brian Logan Dales, Jess Bowen, Josh Montgomery, John and Stephen Gomez are the one true reason why I can say I'am proud of myself for all I have accomplished and conquered. I'm only 17 and I have started a new clean chapter to living a legendary life.