Mystery Boy

Respectful tears were wept as the tiny casket made its way into the ground. Confusion, anger, and sorrow lay heavy on the heart of random mourners who watched the baby, unknown and inhumanely handled, be placed in the cold earth. The mystery boy, stranger to all yet loved by so many, was found inside a cooler at a Chicago Ridge Recycling plant this month. Rest in His Arms, a nonprofit organization, dedicates their time to give dignity back to the abandoned babies. They named this little boy Jeremiah Michael. The foundation adopts, names, and plans a proper burial for infants stranded and left for dead. So far they've arranged funerals for seventeen babies. Many people, angered about the little bundle whose life was cut short, hopes the mother is found and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. The grief of Jeremiah's death is a leaden blanket on the shoulders of the community. Men and women weep tears of frustration and sadness, but they mustn't forget Jeremiah Michael is in His arms, drifting off to sleep listening to an angel's lullaby. The late Jeremiah Michael is a hero, because he brought people together. He made them feel love, compassion, and sympathy. This makes him just as much an icon as anyone else.

elkbabies said...
May 24, 2013 at 4:28 pm:
what a wonderful story.

Interminable_DreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 31 at 6:03 pm :
Thank you very much.