Is there a God?

By , Amarillo, TX
It will be three years this coming December. Three years since I saw her. It feels like just yesterday she was pestering her sister and I. But it's been a long time, a very long time.

I remember the day she died, lying on the couch. Cancer. Leukemia to be exact. Hospitals didn't help any longer. It was the night of the winter formal, her sister went but I didn't feel well. I wonder if that was just something normal, or if something larger was at hand.

But how can someone believe in God, when a nine-year-old girl gets cancer? When she dies at eleven? No first kiss, no first love, firsts were taken by the hundreds. And this was all after her mom died, a few years before. Why? If there is a God, why would he do such a thing? Can anyone answer me?

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

Juicey_Fruit said...
today at 8:14 pm:
I wasn't sure if you were actually looking for an answer, but I decided to answer anyway. I am a mormon, and I thought I would share a scripture with you. John 16:20-Very truly I tell you, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy. So, I would just like to say that I believe that trials are the way God shapes us into who we are, and helps us to become better people, even if it doesn't seem that way. Just like in photograph... (more »)