Words don't even begin to describe what you mean to me. | Teen Ink

Words don't even begin to describe what you mean to me.

When we think of Heroes, we tend to think Superman, Spider man, Mermaid man and Barnacle boy. And what do all these people have in common, besides the fact that they are all heroes; they save people.
My cousins are my heroes. All in their own, unique way.

I have this one cousin who is a lot older than me, but she’s the one who always reminds me to believe in myself. Her actions inspire me every day; she’s the first Asian female correctional officer. And regardless of what life throws at her, she takes it all as a learning experience, and believes that all this will only make her stronger. More importantly, she’s the one who always knows exactly what to say when I’m having a bad day, and is always willing to go out of her way to help her me and the rest of her “little cousins”. Bottom line, she’s my hero because of her actions, and her perseverance.

Then there's her sister; she’s still one of our older cousins, yet she’s the one who always reaches out and tries her best to help all of us out. One really important thing about her is that she’s an art student; and let’s face it, it’s really hard to make in the real world as an art student. Yet she’s the one who tries her best, and is ready for anything and everything. She’s courageous and optimistic, and that’s why she’s my hero.

We all have the best friend that we do everything with, and live with; they are also known as your sister - These girls are the closest sisters I’ve ever met, and they are also two of the most amazing sisters I’ve ever met. I’ve known them my entire life, and witnessed some of their hard times. Yet, whenever I see them or talk on the phone with them, they are always armed with a joke and a smile. It’s as if nothing can break them, and that makes them my heroes.

These two are one of my greatest Heros; but this one is also my Prince Charming / Knight in Shining Armour. Although he’s the youngest one of them all, he’s still one of my heroes. He’s one of those kids who makes the best of everything, and always has a smile on his face. And it’s funny how he’s also one of my heroes because he’s only 7, and he’s already protecting me from “dragons” and monsters, and most importantly, he protects me from my own sadness and reminds me what it’s like to be a kid.

This girl, hero is an understatement. She's my best friend, my anchor, my warrior, my "shovel". She is my greatest hero. She’s saved me from myself time after time. And no matter how stupid or little my problems are, she’s there for me. And what I love the most about her is how we have ‘Twin Daughter Telepathy’. Seriously. I’ve known her for her entire life, and we don’t even need to say anything to understand how the other person is feeling. Like little kids, we have our own code words and half the time, they aren’t required because we just know when the other person is having a bad day. And she knows exactly what to say in order to save me from myself. Words can’t even begin to describe what she means to me; she’s pulled my out of depression and saved me from my ex boyfriend. This girl is truly my greatest hero.