A Stranger Saved My Dad This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

You were there, walking the streets of Pittsburgh, when the SUV hit my dad’s motorcycle. You had the courage to take his phone and call an ambulance, getting immediate help. My dad lost his leg, but he is up and about now. It could have been so much worse. I know that he wants to thank you, and so do I!

My dad doesn’t remember your face, but he knows what you did. I can never explain how important your call for help was. Soon my dad will be getting an artificial leg. Every day he wakes up knowing life will never be the same, but you need to look at the bright side. He does still have his life. He does still have his family, and his health.

Two weeks before the accident, my baby sister was born. When he held her I could see a special look in his eyes. At that moment, I knew he loved his family, and his life. I just had to tell you: you are my hero.

Aerica F. said...
This story is the most touching story I have ever read.  It shows true bravery that that stranger helped your father.  I am shocked that he knew exactly what to do.  I am also glad that you father is okay.  I don’t know what I would do if my father ever lost any of his legs. It would have to take my father a lot of strength to try to learn everything with one leg.  What he is doing shows true courage.  This moment is something no one should take for granted.&n... (more »)

Elphabalover72 said...
Aww. This is very touching and sweet:)

Lagomorphian Duchess said...
A very touching story. God bless your Stranger.

Keep up the great writing!

Andrnick replied...
"Snuffles" Touching story with a remorsful feeling trickling down my body.
Keep writing "Tears of thankfulness trickles down my cheeks" your-r dad should deserve the best.
"Crys" keep writing from your dear writer- Andrnick