An Unusual Hero | Teen Ink

An Unusual Hero

October 23, 2012
By RebelFox BRONZE, Easley, South Carolina
RebelFox BRONZE, Easley, South Carolina
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss


My hero is my best friend. She has been by my said ever since the year after my grandmother's death. Her name is unusual, but I like it. Her name is Cooki. And no, I did not misspell her name. Her name is Cooki, C-o-o-k-i. And I love her just the way she is. She is beautiful and sweet and can always cheer me up without even having to say a word. She, one day, saved my life. I was upset with myself so much that I was n the verge of suicide. I cried myself to sleep because I was afraid that a nightmare might await me, lurking in the shadows. She would curl up by my side, her one eye telling me it would be alright. She would purr and give me a light nudge on the cheek, showing that I'm not alone. She saved me because she is the one who is always there for me, and I will not die as long as I have her. She is my hero, and I could not ask for a better one. My hero, is my loving and sweet calico cat, Cooki. I love her for as long as I live.


The author's comments:
My cat, Cooki, is the best thing I could ever wish for. She was always with me those nights I would cry over my backstabbing friends and over the problems I had that day. She loves me as much as I love her.