Father - March B. | Teen Ink

Father - March B. MAG

Thanks to the Lord, for he didn’t send me just a hero but an angel whom I love and want to be more like as I grow older. My angel and hero is my daddy.

My daddy was a responsible young man. Instead of turning his back on my momma when she got pregnant, he did what a real man is supposed to do - take care of his kids. My angel helps raise my sister and me, putting clothes on our backs and food on the table. He makes sure we have everything we need and a lot of what we want.

My daddy is also loyal to his country. He served in the Army for 18 years. He went to Iraq, and thanks to the Lord, came back the same way he left. He didn’t complain when the phone call came for him to go overseas, he knew what he had vowed to do - be true to our country. My daddy is a wise man and has so much love to give and so much wisdom to spread to the entire Army. He’s wise when it comes to life, education, and love. Daddy graduated from college while serving in the Army with a degree in Business Management.

My daddy is nice and caring not only to his family but to strangers as well. He lets less fortunate people stay at his rental properties for free until they can land on their feet. Most of us aren’t that generous and would expect something in return. My daddy though, angel that he is, lets people stay in his houses while he pays for the utilities.

My daddy is the most remarkable man I know. He’s responsible, wise, loyal, honest, religious, and caring. He goes out of his way for others instead of worrying about himself. My angel is always there for me at track meets, cheering me on. When things get rough and I feel as though I can’t take anymore, I can hear him say, “You can do anything, don’t limit yourself. Go get ’em, Momma.” I thank the Lord for sending him to me.

on Jan. 29 2018 at 8:37 pm
beaka2000 BRONZE, Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania
LOOOOOOVE!!!!!!!!

i love this so much!