My Hero: My Teacher | Teen Ink

My Hero: My Teacher

Teachers are some of my favorite people, especially my foreign language teacher. She taught me more than language; she taught me that people care. A boy had taken my ear buds from me and went to his next class. I was talking to my friend about it while we were still in the room. The teacher said if we didn’t get them back by ourselves she would get them back. This past summer our school took a bunch of kids to Virginia and she was one of the chaperones. The boy was on the trip too and he said some very bad things about me. The group of kids I walked around with had me tell the teacher. She called his mom and now he isn’t allowed to talk to me.

A few weeks ago I was in a bad mental state and I reached out to this teacher. She said glad that I reached out and a few more encouraging words. I took a turn for the worse and reached out again. She told me I needed to talk to a group about it. I did and later ended up saving a girl’s life. I told her how I could have only helped that girl because she helped me. She said she was proud of me and that she knew I could stay strong. Ms. W saved my life and she will always be my hero for that.

I hope people will learn from this that if you are having a hard time to reach out because someone does care. Someone cared for me.