Heroes | Teen Ink

Heroes

July 2, 2012
By missaly444 BRONZE, Franklin, Tennessee
missaly444 BRONZE, Franklin, Tennessee
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I know you are but what am I?


What does the word hero mean to us? A hero is a person who does good deeds or someone that you look up to for guidance or a person that you can relate to. A hero is all of those things. A hero is a person we can count on to be brave when we aren’t.

We want a hero to be someone reliable and brave. We want them to be unique and an individual. We want them to hold skills we wish we had. To have a hero you have to have a regular person who relates and looks up to that person.

My first hero was Miranda Lambert and still is. She has a skill that many people want so bad. She has indivuality. She has the guts to stand up for herself and for what she believes in. She believes that each and every person is beautiful in their own way and I couldn’t agree more.

My other hero is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Even though she was made by a TV writer I feel so connected to her. Sometimes I don’t agree with her decisions but that only makes me respect her even more. She has died three times and saved the world uncountable times. She is what she is and she is my hero.

I think everybody will agree with me on this one. Katniss Everdeen is a hero to me. She has guts, for example everybody wishes they had thought to shoot the apple in the pig’s mouth and she did. She went through so much to make sure people didn’t have to go through what she went through and she lived to tell the tale. She is truly a hero.

Another hero everybody can relate to is a teacher. Usually it’s a teacher of your favorite subject but sometimes it can be any teacher. I hate math. My math teacher this year taught me how to deal with it and take it one problem at a time. I love science and my teacher inspired me to do great things and to achieve more in life. A teacher I didn’t think I liked taught me how to write and even though I can’t remember her she is also a hero.

Everybody needs a hero to look up to. My nana died of cancer last year. She was the bravest person I’d ever met. She woke up every day with a smile on her face determined to beat cancer to the punch. She loved me and I loved her. I cherished my time with her as it was ending. She was the bravest person I have ever met and anybody could learn a lesson from her. She is my hero over anything SHE IS MY HERO.

Look up to your heroes and even if you disagree with them respect them. Heroes are important whether we realize it or not.