A Hero with Hope | Teen Ink

A Hero with Hope

By Henry1 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Henry1 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

''school is like prison''

‘’A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to change the world.” Mandela was born on July 18, 1918 in Xhosa. He face challenging his name change at the age of nine, to fit in in white culture. When he was nine his father die .now he have to leave home to live with his uncle to go to school. He went to church school that was attended run by missionaries.
In his youth adulthood, Mandela ran always from marry; he went to the town ship in Johannesburg. The township was the place black people live, Mandela become a member of the (ANC) the reason for this group is to fight against white domination. The government required every black person in South Africa to carry a special pass. These passes had to be shown to white policeman; black could be arrested or put in prison for failing to produce a pass whenever they were asked.

This law was made to by the white government to separate black from white .Mandela was charged with arrested recruiting and training of the purpose and of sabotage and violent.

He was put in prison call Robben island, life on Robben Island was monotonous and dreary despite efforts that prison made to keep each other active, educated. His cell was 7x7, he was his 15-year old daughter, Zindzi, for the first time in 12 year .The meeting was emotional and Mandela was once again reminded of all he was missing on the outside, ’victor poem help me no Robben island when thing get bad I found inspiration in the poem they help me to stand up and all I want to do is to lie down. After 27 year in prison, in the South Africa Alcatraz.
At 4; 15 p.m. Sunday, February, 11, 1990, Nelson Mandela was released from prison for the first time in 10,000 days. He was seventy one year old, in 1993 both Mandela and President de Klerk were awarded the Nobel peace prize in Oslo Norway.

Mandela was elected President in 1995, doing Mandela presidency he make show that every school have free lunch for the student, Health care. Save drinking water, and also built peace and security. He gives his pay check to support charity.
I think Mandela is a hero because he show love to the people of South Africa, he give everyone their freedom by lost his in prison for 27 year. He spent more time try to make thing better again between the black and white of South Africa.