Shakespeare's Impact: Lasting Forever | Teen Ink

Shakespeare's Impact: Lasting Forever

William Shakespeare had an everlasting impact on our World that developed our language that we now speak today. He was one of many who dedicated his life to better understand how our language works. He had a talent that few people have, as a writer his mind was one in a million, as I think, because it takes a very special creative mind such as his to create stories and develop them right out of his mind. From my perspective, it takes a mind with a wild and free imagination to do what he did. Shakespeare is a model for many writers today. His name is extremely widespread globally. People from all over perform his plays and masterpieces to better understand our language. His everlasting impact on our World hit it hard.

Shakespeare was one of those lucky or fortunate people that could do anything with his mind. He could formulate words, and used those words in his books or plays, so to speak. Shakespeare always had interesting ideas and incorporated them into his stories.

Shakespeare’s parents were John and Mary Shakespeare. Mary’s maiden name was Arden. “Young William was born to John Shakespeare, a leather merchant and Glover, and Mary Arden” [J.M. Pressley]. He was living in Stratford England as early as 1552.

William Shakespeare was supposedly born in Stratford, England April 26th, 1564. He was baptized the day he was born in Holy Trinity Church based on historical records. Everyone believed that Shakespeare’s family was poor and uneducated which wasn’t right at all. His family actually did quite well for themselves. When Shakespeare turned four or five he attended the King’s new school in Stratford. This school was considered boys only and it taught grammar. His classes were at dawn for six days a week. He studied the alphabet until he turned seven. Then they began to study Latin, a tool that helped Shakespeare in his writing. Throughout his childhood he studied renaissance religious texts, roman poetry and drama until he turned 15. This is when he left the school.

Soon after Shakespeare left school, he soon turned 18 and married a woman named Anne Hathaway whom was a farmer’s daughter. They had three children named Susanna and twins named Hamnet and Judith. “Shakespeare’s ‘lost years’ of work was the first documentation between Judith and Hamnet’s birth” [Traci G. Lee]. While Shakespeare was out in London to produce his plays, his family stayed in Stratford. He spent a lot of time traveling between the two cities to be with his family and create his plays. While he was away, an unfortunate accident occurred where Hamnet passed away at eleven years of age to unknown causes, most likely disease. This however was the time that Shakespeare was gaining notoriety in London. He formed the Lord Chamberlain’s men, later changed to “King’s Men”. “With Shakespeare and his company gaining wealth and notoriety they built the Globe Theatre in 1599, a fire destroyed it and it was rebuilt in 1614” [Traci G. Lee]. After his death the theatre closed.

Some of his works includes Hamlet, Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth, Titus Andronicus, Othello and much more, nay a lot more. These were made from Shakespeare picking up a quill and dipping it in ink and began to write. It’s amazing how writing works today such as, using a pc, typewriter, paper and pencil or using an Ipad. In the Shakespearean times, all he had was a quill, ink container and pieces of parchment [a rough paper].

Of course, all good things must end sometime. In 1611 Shakespeare retired and moved back to Stratford permanently. The same year he retired is the year he wrote his will going to his surviving daughter Judith and his wife Anne. He left his properties or bequeathed them to his daughter Susanna. He left 300 Euros to his other daughter Judith and to his wife he left her “his second best bed”.

Shakespeare allegedly died on his birthday, April 23, 1616, [J.M. Pressley]. His work companions, John Heminges and Henry Condell, from the “Lord Chamberlain’s Men”, printed the first “Folio” edition of his collected plays which weren’t yet published, [J.M.] Pressley].
William Shakespeare died on April 23, 1616 and was buried at the church he was baptized in. After his death though his works and plays became timeless. They are still being performed and played all over the World and will continue to do so. William Shakespeare’s legacy is a body of work that will never again be equaled in the Western civilization, [J.M. Pressley]. Shakespeare will live on forever as long as actors or school students are trying to better understand him and his way with making up words and his wild, vivid, imagination. This wild and vivid imagination from one man created an impact that started out as language that today we wouldn’t fully understand but it developed into our English language. This is why Shakespeare’s impact will last forever.

Its about William Shakespeare

Young Yasha said...
on Jun. 1 2015 at 3:42 am
That helped a lot.