important person | Teen Ink

important person

May 3, 2012
By lashie BRONZE, Amery, Wisconsin
lashie BRONZE, Amery, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
don't walk behind of me i may not lead, don't walk infornt of me i may not follow just walk beside me and be my friend.


This person I’m going to be talking about is very important to me, and he’s all I have in my life. He’s the most amazing person. I think you’ll enjoy hearing about him too, and he’ll get down into your heart.

He has always told me to grow up and get some friends, but I know that he said that for my own good. He’s not really that mean to me as he just sounded right there. He’s just always been hard on me because he loves me. It’s called tough love.

I still remember when he broke his leg, and he had to go to the hospital. I thought he was going to die. Then he just told me to be strong, and everything was going to be fine. He is a brave big brother, and I didn’t know what was going on, because I was just twelve, and I had never experienced that before.

The person who inspires me is my brother Michael; he is the only thing in my life at the time whom I really care about. Michael is the best person in my life who took care of me no matter what. I appreciate it. He taught me everything I know. He never gave up on me even when I was bad, which is why I love him so much. Michael made me stay away from everything bad our mom did, and he kept me away from the drugs she did too. I felt really sad and mad that she did drugs, but somehow I got through it strong with my brother.

My brother and I had to take care of ourselves when we were younger because our mother was on drugs and only cared about the drugs. Though we had to take care of ourselves when my brother broke his leg swimming, I had to take care of him and help him through his surgery and the pain. This really hurt us, because we didn’t have a mother that could take care of us. We just had each other. Even though we had to take care of each other, we still had our sister-brother moments. He really hurt me when we had those moments, but he always apologized for what he did, because he didn’t mean for anything to happen.

My brother Michael is so fun to be around. He’s always doing something fun like video games, skate boarding, watching movies, and playing games outside. I still remember how I felt when I left him when I was 15. I was sad and scared for him, because I didn’t know how to get him out of the abuse, and I thought that if I was the only one who got out, he would have ended up dead. I worry about my brother he’s the only person I have left in my life, who is still here for me.