High School Heroes | Teen Ink

High School Heroes

By TaniaCinco GOLD, Anaheim, California
TaniaCinco GOLD, Anaheim, California

Out of every heart breaking expiriance you tranform into a whole different individual.

You know that feeling you receive after helping someone in need? The feeling you can’t quite describe because no words can add up to the difference you make. The feeling that fills your eyes with tears of joy, making you say,” Wow! I’m making this world a better place.” That colonists, is how the members of “Colonist to the Rescue” feel every time they help someone with an unfortunate medical condition.

The club in our campus dedicates their valuable time and hearts to help bring priceless smiles to hospital patients and elderly residents of convalescent homes. Although the club was initiated a year ago by just three students, Melissa (president), Maryrose (vice president) and Tania (secretary), the club has expanded widely. Members of the club have had the opportunity to work with college students, geriatricians, and even police detectives. Every month the club spreads awareness on a certain illness and they promote healthy nutrition. In addition the club is also a support group for our students.

Mrs. Newman is the club advisor and couldn’t be more proud.” I believe the club encourages young people to help others; it also increases the health awareness of our students so that they can make wise choices in their lives. I truly believe this club is a shining light in our school campus and I’m so proud of the generous spirit the members show, “she said.

Colonist to the rescue received a well-earned grant from UCI Medical Center. The club has lots of goals to achieve in the future, and they make it an everyday mission to help the community, bringing joy to those among us who face difficult times. The name of the club truly represents the members because without a doubt, they are heroes of our community and beyond.

This is an article i wrote for my school newspaper.My friends and I created a club to help our community and help those who have a certain illness.We have been able to help children at hospitals and elderly residents at care centers.I hope this artucle inspires others to start something in their community and become the heroes everyone is capable of being.