What a Hero | Teen Ink

What a Hero

By Wadebeaz3s BRONZE, Macon, Illinois
Wadebeaz3s BRONZE, Macon, Illinois

How bout that ride in? I guess that's why they call it sin city

Dear Todd Beamer,

You changed the world. You were involved in the biggest attack/disaster in American history. I had never heard your name until September 11, 2011. I went to a church service at GT and they showed a video remembering the 9/11 attacks, and you were in it. It was showing what the plane you stepped on looked like on that day. Several other people were on this plane with you. You were on a flight that had been hijacked and three planes had already crashed into the Twin Towers, and even the Pentagon. You and the other people on Flight 93 realized this, and as you started to fly out of control, you decided to take action and let others know. When you made that emergency call, you all said the Lord’s Prayer and then took action. You said, “Let’s roll”. You all ran into the cockpit and the plane crashed and you were all killed. The plane that you were on could have killed hundreds of people whether it was going to the White House or wherever they were sending it. You saved lives, and made a difference in the whole world. You are a hero of mine, because you didn’t care how you were going to die, and considered the lives of others. You put your faith in God and made a huge decision to take on terrorists first hand. When I saw this, the first thing that came to my mind is that you and the other people on the plane were heroes. Not very many people know what actually happened on that plane that crashed that day. I am so glad I found out the true story. Thank you for what you did on that day. The people that know about your situation have to feel the same as I do. Heroic efforts are rare. What happened on 9/11/2001 was rare.

Many Thanks and God bless you,

Wade Beasley
Meridian High School Student