Nitto and Arianna | Teen Ink

Nitto and Arianna

December 18, 2011
By RebeccaNeedsToPass SILVER, Forest View, Illinois
RebeccaNeedsToPass SILVER, Forest View, Illinois
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Those who criticized our generation forgot who raised it."- anonymous


Most teenagers would rather stay in all weekend then have to take their younger siblings out for 5 minutes, but I'm different. I love my younger brother and sister, and I love taking them places with me. In fact, those two are the most influential people in my life. My brother and sister drive me to do good, with the decisions and actions i make, and I would never let them down.

My younger sister, Arianna Quezada, was born on April 1, 2003. She is the most beautiful little girl I've ever seen, and I honestly don't think that because she is my sister. Arianna is now in third grade and I am very proud of her because she takes school so seriously and never gets a bad grade. She is one of the smartest kids I've ever met. She even makes me look bad sometimes!

Ever since my sister was born she has looked up to me. Although we have different fathers, I am her only sister and she is my only sister. Because of this I learned quickly that she would always look up to me. For a while I used to hate it because she would copy everything I did or say, but once I realized I'm the one who could lead her in the right or wrong direction, I stopped getting upset about her copying me. It was pretty cool knowing that I could shape my sister into becoming a nice, smart young lady, instead of someone completely opposite of that. So I started making sure I always got good grades and I also never said words a lady wouldn't say, and now my sister is a smart, polite little girl and you can't help but love her.

My baby brother, Benjamin "Nitto" Quezada, was born May 12, 2005. He is my favorite person in the world and I love to be around him. He's so young, yet he could make anyone laugh. He is constantly dancing, making jokes, or just plain being silly. Even strangers in the grocery store or resturants fall in love with him because of his frivolous attitude and his huge smile. He influences me because he teaches me that sometimes it's okay to be silly and have fun. Also, he is never unhappy. Yes most little kids are careless, but even if he can't get a toy he doesnt get upset. He simply accepts the fact that he can't get it and moves on with a smile. Someday I wish I could be like him, and that's how he influences me.

Yes, I am a seventeen year old girl who is influenced greatly by my younger siblings. Yes, people might think it's odd, but I think everyone should be influenced by their younger siblings. You should always be aware of what you say and do in front of your little brother or sister, because they are always listening and picking up on everything about you. That's why I'm so driven in everything I do, because Arianna and Nitto influence me to be the best person I could be.

The author's comments:
This is a "Most Influential Person" essay that I decided to write about my little brother, Nitto, and my little sister, Arianna.