Everyday Heroes | Teen Ink

Everyday Heroes

November 27, 2011
By sholome BRONZE, Kenmore, New York
sholome BRONZE, Kenmore, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be not afraid of greatness, Some are born great, Some achieve greatness, And some have greatness thrust a upon them."


Everyday in our lives we come upon a special person or persons comes in our lives and who we call a Hero. The definition of a hero is someone who has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal. And right a way we think of the men and women who are severing our country which is ok. But when i think of the word hero i think of the people in my life who has made a big impact on my life. I must a lot heroes than. But there one person in my life who i can really call them my hero that is my mom. My mom means so much to me. She always there for me when i need her. She supports me in anything and everything i do. Three years ago i started competitive swimming with the town of tonawanda titans. i love swimming i been swimming all of my life, but i want to take to the next level. My mom has never seen me work this hard before in swimming. She was so pound of me when ever i told her that I'd move up a level. She was even more pound of me when she saw me swim in my first long course meet and 4th in my race. that was pretty good for me then. Now i get 2nd or 3th. But this past month or so i ever seen my mom so happy before in me swimming. I mean yes been happy before but not like this. My came to see me swim in my high school meet for the first time. She saw me lead my rely to victory and she also saw me get second place in 100 back. After every event i swam i would always look up in the stands to see her smiling at me. so mom thank you for everything you done for me. I love you so very much.